Bjsorny

Standard Bore
Ride
13 triumph rocket 3 touring
13 triumph rocket 3 touring having charging issues. I am wondering how to test the stator. I believe I found the r/r under the left side panel. I noticed it has 2 plug ins. Which one runs to the stator? And if I read correctly I check by testing the plug that runs to the stator for resistance and the neg lead to the neg on the battery.
All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

It is a three wire
I am not at my shop.
I would not worry about resistance it will b either and open or shorted to ground (bad)like u said from connector to neg bat or i would also neg to case

It is a three wire
I am not at my shop.
I would not worry about resistance it will b either and open or shorted to ground (bad)like u said from connector to neg bat or i would also neg to case
Sorry if I sound ignorant, but what setting would that be on the multimeter

The gray plug is to the stator. All three legs should have somewhere around 0.6 ohms resistance to each other and should have no continuity to ground. Set your meter to continuity (looks like a little sideways arrow pointing at a straight line usually right next to all the Ohms settings) and check each pin to ground.

PS you don't wanna know why I know this so well...

IMG_20210320_212214998.jpg

you are so in luck, and have found the best forum in the world, on all things electrical and everything else about our beloved rockets. The info has been given, uploaded here for free by some of the best in the world. Very selfless and great people on here. Until you learn who to search we will help guide you to the correct answers. Dont forget to introduce yourself on that page and post pictures, of the bike, naked women and cursin not allowed round here, so be good and enjoy the site.

Back