Tech data for ignition switch and alarm ?

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
Rocket-III-Touring_2014_connectors-2.jpg
Rocket-III-Touring_2014_connector.jpg
Rocket-III-Touring_2014_under-tank.jpg
2014 R3T - sorry if this has been covered...

Which are the connectors for the ignition switch and alarm, respectively, please ?

I have the service manual, and going to install DeCosse' keyless ignition, and the instructions couldn't be simpler, to wit:

1) Identify and disconnect the alarm bypass; connect the extension from the kit

2) Disconnect the ignition switch; connect the controller from the kit

Okay, there are a few other details, but that essentially is it.

I'm already not pleased with the Triumph manual for not cross referencing their information internally, with arrows and/or legends on their exploded diagrams for subsequent reference in the detailed instructions. So one is often playing, "Guess where this is" -- example: The manual shows the flasher and starter relays paired on the right side for the Standard, Classic, and Roadster; then the drawing under that says "Touring" and shows a single unit labeled "Flasher" -- o.k. -- where'd the starter relay go on the Touring ? Nothing.

Thanks in advance. :)

Sorry I wasn't immediately available for you Paul
Here you go ................

(this is going in my install manual)

OEM_Connector_Locations.jpg

I'm already not pleased with the Triumph manual for not cross referencing their information internally, with arrows and/or legends on their exploded diagrams for subsequent reference in the detailed instructions. So one is often playing, "Guess where this is" -- example: The manual shows the flasher and starter relays paired on the right side for the Standard, Classic, and Roadster; then the drawing under that says "Touring" and shows a single unit labeled "Flasher" -- o.k. -- where'd the starter relay go on the Touring ? Nothing.

That one really is 'subtle' :sneaky:

There is NO Turn Signal relay (per se) on a Tourer - it is part of the instrument assembly.

But yes, generally agree with you re the limited info Triumph provides - on Suzi's for example they have very nice guides showing component locations and even how the wiring harnesses run in the frame etc

@Joesmoe do you actually have a manual for the 2014 touring or are you using the one IDK has made available on the site. It was printed in 07 and covers the Standards, Classics and the 08 Touring. Just curious as I have not seen a newer manual yet. I am sure the newer one has some errors in it. Maybe less then the first manual. Plus things had to change some when they added ABS to the bikes.

Yes, I ordered the paper manual with the bike. It's a legal requirement in the US that they be made available.

I have p/n 3851570, issue 2, 11.2012

Back