Tried One, Didn't like it.

Used one, didn't like it. Tried it on the rear fender too. Problem was that after I removed it, I would have the impression of the magnets embedded in the finish. I even glued some felt to the underside, but still the little cross hatches of the vinyl fabric covering the magents was left in the finish. This slowly went away after a few days, but I didn't like it. IMHO.
Mitch.

I don't think that the Rockets have the best of finishes on them, my jeans leave swirls on the side of the tank from when I'm pretending to be on a cafe racer, I would be worried about what a tank bag would do to the finish:eek:

I don't think that the Rockets have the best of finishes on them, my jeans leave swirls on the side of the tank from when I'm pretending to be on a cafe racer, I would be worried about what a tank bag would do to the finish:eek:

I agree, I really want to get mine repainted. I am afraid to wash my Rocket sometimes for fear that I am going to scratch it up good.

Ask Rusty

I had a "Little Joe" tank bag but I loaned it to Rusty for his trip to Sturgis and he forced me to sell it to him. I'm currently looking for a bigger one with a clear zippered top to put a map inside. They have very strong magnets, completely covered in a soft plastic, that holds everything in place without scratching the paint.

Finished.......

The problem with OEM finishes today is the Volatile Organic Compounds, VOC emissions from the painting process and your friendly EPA or whatever it is in the United Kingdom.

Modern production finishes are soft, even the clear coat is soft, consequently, a tank bag, or your pant leg, anything that is in contact with the paint that will rub it, causes scratches. The scratches don't come from your pant leg or your tank bag however. They come from the road dust and grit that causes your face to feel dirty after a ride (it's blowing around in the air ((gets in your air filter too)). The grit gets between anything in contact with the paint and 'rubs' the finish causing scratches. Personally, I prefer to keep any and all items from contacting any paintwork or chrome and 'rubbing' the finish. Airborne grit is very abrasive.

The tank area to which your seat rubs up against is a prime example of where this dust Flip speaks of will collect and the finish will be rubbed raw. I found the solution solution and applied it diligently and have yet to have the burnishing return. In fact I've used the product on several areas dulled by one thing or another; like my tank bra. It too caused dulled strips to develop on the clear coat. I applied the solution one time and have had no additional occurrences. It's miracle stuff; and, it's Glare Professional Polish. http://autopolish.net/ My product had Honda pasted ahead of Glare but it's the same. GPP is not an abrasive. It fills the microscopic gaps and glasses over the finish. It's suppose to be a "5 Year" polish. Acidic rain hasn't put a single permanent mark on my bike's finish; and mine has spent many days in the rain. I simply wash and dry to a sparkling brilliance.

Back