Potlicquor

.020 Over
Ride
2016 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
... I really need a taller seat (about 2 inches higher) as my stock 2016 R3R seat height is too low, can anyone recommend a replacement?

I bought a Corbin and had them add additional padding. While at it I had them add SOFTER padding.
Works pretty well.
If you like I can take a picture and measure to the top of the seat.
Where do you live???
I have a 2007 classic.
D-

I just received my Corbin Dual Tour today. I gave them my height, 6'5" and weight on order... it is lower and forward. Glad I have the Rivco pegs to stretch out.

What I really like about the Corbin seats is that they are brick hard , I cannot rid efar on the stock seat but with my Corbin no problem
I had that on a previous non Trumpy bike. Custom seat, told the guy I wanted a softer seat, he said "no, you need a firmer seat. Factory foam can be too soft and you end up sitting on the seat base". Made me a seat with firmer foam & I was happy as a pig in mud

Don't know how you guys sit on a Corbin with the hard foam. Too **** hard for me. The added mid weight foam on my seat is about as perfect as I can get. I've done a saddle sore 1000 with no issues at all. With the hard foam I was good for about 2 hours max.
D-

Another option would be to increasse your shock length form 12.5 to 13.5 inches, I plan on doing this and upgrade my shocks at the same time. It may not get you all you need but will reduce how much you have to increase your seat height, 2 inches is a lot.

Hoopla

Thanks EastexR111 your too kind:)
Policquor in my oppion most likley you do not have enough fabric under your seat to raise two inches properly,
Not saying it's impossible they will just heat the fabric up and stretch it over but then your sides are pulled down too much and will be noticeably not as comfortable as it should be.
To do it proper have eather some one sew on extra Vynal or leather all around sides so that you can have it raised proper, sew extra fabric on sides, or replace the sides with new fabric, so that sides are not pull down as much.
But the cheaper way is to just heat up and streatched over, if you got a real small bum you may not notice:)
I like the 1\2 gel for added comfort, makes a big difference in my opinion.

... thanks all for commenting and recommending, my problem with the seat not being high enough is that my legs are too long for the seat height to the pegs and therefore makes my thighs and knees hurt even after a short 50 mile ride. I will be adding highway pegs in order to stretch my legs out and get some relief but I definitely need my seat to be higher for sure. Corbin seats are nice (once you break them in to your rear end configuration) but I'm looking to spend no more than $300.00 so that pretty much eliminates Corbin for now.

Back