Tallahassee eats recommendation

LabRat-n-VA

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket III Roadster
Top of the morning to you all!
I'm planning a Southern Food Tour with some of my pals for mid April. We will be going thru Asheville, Savannah, Tallahassee, New Orleans, Memphis, and Knoxville. All just to eat some great southern food (any excuse for a road trip). I have great restaurants picked out in all but one city. I can use help in finding a tasty restaurant in Tallahassee, FL. Any advice from you locals, natives, or road warriors would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great season!

Just out of curiosity, what did you pick for NOLA?

A friend recommended Redfish Grill, Mr. B's, Drago's. Would love to hear what you would recommend Steel! I stayed there for several months many moons ago helping with the construction of Waterford III nuclear plant. Many of the restaurants I went to are long gone. Did you ever get to Visco's? I think that was in Gretna. Really good seafood. I'll need a recommendation for some good red beans and rice too if you have one!

Cut Off, what a great name! Any further South and you'd need fins. I'll bet you know how to cook up a mess of good mud bugs!! My neighbor is a pilot and flies private jets to Baton Rouge frequently. When in season, he brings mud bugs home from Tony's on Plank Rd. Too good!! I miss the food down there. Always a good meal. You Cajuns do it right!

Sorry I know the ask was for Tallahassee, but...

My wife is from the west bank of NOLA, we love DiMartino's > DiMartino's Famous New Orleans Muffuletta's - Home
We visit the one on the West Bank Expressway...
Muffuletta for me - Shrimp Poor Boy for the wife.

@1K9 son lives in Tallahassee. He may have some recommendations.

Oh I forgot about Muffulettas. Haven’t had one of those in forever. We will be in NOLA for a couple of days so lots of meals to plan. Thanks for the referral WyldCFH! I can’t wait for some good Cajun food.

A friend recommended Redfish Grill, Mr. B's, Drago's. Would love to hear what you would recommend Steel! I stayed there for several months many moons ago helping with the construction of Waterford III nuclear plant. Many of the restaurants I went to are long gone. Did you ever get to Visco's? I think that was in Gretna. Really good seafood. I'll need a recommendation for some good red beans and rice too if you have one!

Cut Off, what a great name! Any further South and you'd need fins. I'll bet you know how to cook up a mess of good mud bugs!! My neighbor is a pilot and flies private jets to Baton Rouge frequently. When in season, he brings mud bugs home from Tony's on Plank Rd. Too good!! I miss the food down there. Always a good meal. You Cajuns do it right!
All good suggestions, and yes Visco's was really good. Landry's is good, but the one by the Lakefront has the best view. Deanie's is my favorite for a seafood platter. Almost every place will be serving red beans and rice on Mondays, to be honest Popeyes is my favorite.
Of course I can boil up some bugs. :D

HEY FRANK!!!!
How the heck you be?!
I hope you are aware and attending the RAA East 2018 event!
Tis only 500 miles from you. I'm coming from Tacoma and would like to see ya again & yer new motor I talked ya into. :roll:
You will enjoy all the forum blokes and fit right in with the great peeps & comradery.
PS: 8 posts in 6 months???
You really NEED to get on & post more here, brother!

Back