Tall Triumph sissy bar w/ corbin bags & seat

Rocketier

Standard Bore
I have a 2006 classic with Corbin Beetle bags & Dual tour seat, does anyone know if the Triumph OEM tall sissy bar will work with this setup? Parts dude at the Triumph dealer says no but the Corbin site says that it will but that it is a "new" feature and I'm not sure just how "new" they mean. I emailed Corbin but haven't gotten ant answer yet. Any info you folks have would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :D

Any body else have trouble with Corbin?

I have a 2006 classic with Corbin Beetle bags & Dual tour seat, does anyone know if the Triumph OEM tall sissy bar will work with this setup? Parts dude at the Triumph dealer says no but the Corbin site says that it will but that it is a "new" feature and I'm not sure just how "new" they mean. I emailed Corbin but haven't gotten ant answer yet. Any info you folks have would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :D

To answer your question - There is nothing about the tall sissy bar that would interfere with the beetle bags. I think they say the bags will work with the short sissy bar but they haven't tried it with the tall one. The only issue I know of is that a trunk might interfere with the bag lid if it isn't high enough to provide clearance.

My experience with Corbin so far is terrible. They seem to want everybody to send them a painted part to match paint ... boooooogus
I would be surprised if there is a perceptible variation in the color of the paint Triumph uses. Once Corbin gets a claret paint match, for example, they should be able to use that color for every claret bag or fairing order. If the color varies so much maybe they would need both fenders and both side panels just to be sure they all match. I certainly understand them asking for custom paint samples but factory paint ???

I've ordered a set of beetle bags and they have already charged my card but won't give any information about the status of the order after repeated requests.

Their customer service has been pathetic !!!

I am hoping that they actually had a set of claret bags on the shelf and have sent them already, but I fear the worst.

What a Mickey Mouse outfit.

My experience with Corbin on the beetle bags was completely different (maybe it's changed since 2007?). All they asked was what were the colors (Phantom Black/Sunset Red), they gave the usual "can't guarantee it will be a perfect match" but when I got them they were an exact match even down to the gold striping separating the two colors.

Your bags should be fine, the only thing I would check when you get them is that heat shielding on the bottom of them. The adhesive used on mine wasn't too good. It started to come off on the way to Nashville. I ended up using some Gorilla Glue on it and it fixed it just fine. I wrote them about it at the time...just don't know if they changed adhesives or not.

Dennis

63 dtg Dubai
64 dtg Home

Thanks for the input guys!! I have to in a small way agree with druid's point about Corbin though. I tried contacting them (3 times) through their support line about this issue and they never replied. I guess they figure once they got your money....... I will admit I like the style and quality of their items even though they are a tad expensive, but no one says you have to buy their stuff.

Back