CrzystghndKC

Triumph guy happy he didn't work for Harley.
Ride
Triumph: 2005 & 2011 R3 Roadster
I just bought my second R3 a 2011 and found its saddle is probably a couple inches taller than my 05 R3. So I am looking for some feedback on lowering my beautiful new to me bike.

OEM Roadster.

Then you should have a 29½ inch seat height.
I have a 29 inch inseam and running the taller Exedra Max with a 140 front, my seat height is 29.75 inch and I cope with it . . . carefully.
Check your rear shock sag, perhaps you can increase it some.
DO NOT go with shorter shocks!

I have a 29 inch inseam and running the taller Exedra Max with a 140 front, my seat height is 29.75 inch and I cope with it . . . carefully.
What is the length of OEM shocks? My 05 shocks are an inch shorter than the new 2011 shocks. The guy I bought the 05 from was pretty short. That might explain the difference.

What is the length of OEM shocks? My 05 shocks are an inch shorter than the new 2011 shocks. The guy I bought the 05 from was pretty short. That might explain the difference.

12½ inches, eye to eye.
Did I say:
DO NOT go with shorter shocks! :roll: :D

If you feel to high up, try having the seat shaved. There are a number of guys who offer the service as a mail away option. You'll feel more "in" the bike, and not lose a bunch of cornering clearance.

12½ inches, eye to eye.
Did I say:
DO NOT go with shorter shocks! :roll: :D
It appears I have 12.5 shocks on the 2011 with a stock seat but I have 12 " on the 05 with a gel seat so that may add up to a little difference. There really is fitment difference between the two beyond hight that I guess I'll just have to get used to.

I had the seat on my 2015 R3T rebuild from the base up. They were able to sculpt a saddle and narrow the yoke which made it much more agreeable for my 29 inch inseam. They also put a layer of jell in it which makes it much more satisfying on long hauls.

You might want to find a local shop that builds car and motorcycle seats. I paid $350.00 and it was well worth it. They even used the original cover so most would never know.

If you feel to high up, try having the seat shaved. There are a number of guys who offer the service as a mail away option. You'll feel more "in" the bike, and not lose a bunch of cornering clearance.

BTW - Rob,
I have a friend that does great upholstery (MC & cars)
If you are ever in the need.

Back