Taking Harleys Money

scot in exile

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket
Our local HD dealership had a pretty big event last week and as the salesman were going to be busy I was asked if I would lead some demo rides , no problem as I will ride any motorbike plus getting paid is an extra, by the way the sportster really sucks:D
Over the three day event they sold 38 bikes, not bad.

Harley is trying real hard to stay in the game. Just read that are recalling about 175,000 bikes for an oil related issue on the Milwaukee Eight engines. As I recall, it referenced an oil pump issue but the Harley forums address a systemic issue where engine oil is ending up in the primary case. Not sure what that's all about.

good friend of mine R.L had a job with harley giving guides on route 66 from chicago to L.A. couple times a year his biggest fear was not knowing the riders he was getting was their riding ability since they did come from all over the country

Harley is trying real hard to stay in the game. Just read that are recalling about 175,000 bikes for an oil related issue on the Milwaukee Eight engines. As I recall, it referenced an oil pump issue but the Harley forums address a systemic issue where engine oil is ending up in the primary case. Not sure what that's all about.
Oil pump was creating enough pressure to cause a hose to blow off resulting in oil bath of bike tire. Issue with engine oil in primary case is a bad main bearing which is blowing the seal out. Last recall involved clutch basket premature wear. The New Milwaukee eight has it's problems. Just like any other newly introduced engine Harley has come out with. The Twin cam problems were not completely worked out until 2009. Nature of the beast. A lot of old time Harley riders are staying away from the Milwaukee eight knowing the history of newly introduced designs. This translates into poor sales along with other factors.;););););)

Last edited:
Back