Taking delivery of a new Roadster

motolink

Nitrous
Ride
2011 Roadster and 2001 Bonneville
I will be taking delivery of my new 2011 Roadster shortly, is there anything I should specifically check before taking delivery, I imagine the dealer will have given it a good pre delivery check.

Also at what km should the engine oil be changed to a syn oil.

Ditto that. My first ride was about 200 miles and my cheeks hurt from grinning in my helmet. Enjoy!

check

Check that u r holding on properly when u roll on that throttle hard for the first time :D
it may pull your arms out of their sockets :eek:
enjoy :cool:

Have fun on your new ride...that 500 miles should equate out to 800 km's for you.

Can't wait till I can get back in the saddle again.

Enjoy!

Dennis

71 dtg Dubai
72 dtg Home for good!

The first work to do is to put wax on the front clutch carter cause quickly it becomes very muddy and tire crap covered that is difficult to remove!
Then be sure the splines of transmission axe are well greased ! That seems a lot of rockets were not well treated on this side !
And be cool , the life is so short !

I will be taking delivery of my new 2011 Roadster shortly, is there anything I should specifically check before taking delivery, I imagine the dealer will have given it a good pre delivery check.

Yep, make sure the sun is shining and you have a free day 'cos you will be on it or looking at it aaall day! :D

The first work to do is to put wax on the front clutch carter cause quickly it becomes very muddy and tire crap covered that is difficult to remove!
Then be sure the splines of transmission axe are well greased ! That seems a lot of rockets were not well treated on this side !
And be cool , the life is so short !

How are the splines checked for grease.

Think he's referring to the spline where driveshaft meets the diff. Its advised you grease it every time you fit a new rear tyre. Rear wheel off and undo the 4 bolts holding the diff housing to the tailshaft. Mine was flogged at 70,000 klms because Triumph failed to advise their dealers this needed to be done from what dealers have told me.

Back