Taillight out, fixed

Boog

Traveling Story Teller
Ride
2014 R3T, RAMAIR, Full Viking Dual exhaust
My taillight was out and I discovered it was a wire that had been worn out by the back tire. I know I've heard of others with this problem too. It kind of frustrates me that stuff like this happens. The darn clearance under there is tight. Splicing the wire is simple if you can get to it.
Anyway, it is operating now...

My taillight was out and I discovered it was a wire that had been worn out by the back tire. I know I've heard of others with this problem too. It kind of frustrates me that stuff like this happens. The darn clearance under there is tight. Splicing the wire is simple if you can get to it.

Been under there once and hope not to go back. Used a bunch of heavy duty zip ties for added support to keep that wire tight against the fender.

The brake light functioned correctly and hopefully this will last at least another 67K miles. But like @sonny has stated elsewhere, Triumph is not known for how awesome there electrical system last...

@Steel Good or bad electrical system, Brahma is my forever bike. Now if you know of an additional ride to add...

Watch out @DEcosse we have a new electrical genius on this site!! Lol
Glad you got it fixed!!

Back