Bigjaype

I'll eat Sonny's sandwich...
Ride
R1200GS
So I spent the morning making up a new number plate/tail light and indicator for the classic

Can't fit it as I don't have bolts long enough yet...and the bike is going in tomorrow to sort out the fast idle issue that comes and goes. New TPS, I think?

I used my existing tail light as a template to make up a stainless steel blank to cover the hole and use as a mount for the new number plate holder/tail light.
Bent some aluminium to hold the indicators, which also have stop and tail lights. Enough space for the obligatory reflector. Can't wait to fit it but will have to wait until next weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 11
So I spent the morning making up a new number plate/tail light and indicator for the classic

Can't fit it as I don't have bolts long enough yet...and the bike is going in tomorrow to sort out the fast idle issue that comes and goes. New TPS, I think?

I used my existing tail light as a template to make up a stainless steel blank to cover the hole and use as a mount for the new number plate holder/tail light.
Bent some aluminium to hold the indicators, which also have stop and tail lights. Enough space for the obligatory reflector. Can't wait to fit it but will have to wait until next weekend.

Interesting concept . . . :thumbsup:
Would you send more pix to better depict what yu are doing? :D

4622B75B-8BED-489A-8340-6A3A27DAF53C.jpeg
E881098D-524C-4A8B-9282-FC93E76DEFC1.jpeg
66C51291-0CC4-4105-B55A-98045AA45F0D.jpeg

Interesting concept . . . :thumbsup:
Would you send more pix to better depict what yu are doing? :D
I was going to take pics as I assembled everything but got caught up in the manufacture and fitting it slipped my mind.
I used the tailight base as a template, and formed a new base with the same curve. I reused the rubber trim from the tailight. I mounted the number plate holder onto the new base with bolts long enough to go through into the fender frame underneath. Attached a bracket to hold the indicators combo lights.

E881098D-524C-4A8B-9282-FC93E76DEFC1.jpeg
66C51291-0CC4-4105-B55A-98045AA45F0D.jpeg

I was going to take pics as I assembled everything but got caught up in the manufacture and fitting it slipped my mind.
I used the tailight base as a template, and formed a new base with the same curve. I reused the rubber trim from the tailight. I mounted the number plate holder onto the new base with bolts long enough to go through into the fender frame underneath. Attached a bracket to hold the indicators combo lights.
The good thing is, all stock items can be put back on. I used a deutsch plug for the wiring.

The good thing is, all stock items can be put back on. I used a deutsch plug for the wiring.

A Douche Plug???
Zat surely must be for a Douche Cannon?

Seriously, gratitude for the pix.
I'd like to know more about how it mounts and then see if my non steroid size plate will cover.

Thank-You.jpg

Interesting this is what I did. IMG_0418.JPG IMG_0420.JPG IMG_0414.JPG IMG_0415.JPG IMG_0417.JPG Very clean. Next project is Crash bars and foot pegs. Getting ready for R.A.A. east

I just now broke the news that I was going to KY to the wife unit - no problemas. :inlove :inlove :inlove
Main thing for me is to clear my calendar for the three weeks I need.
I do intend to spend more that just a couple days riding the area before I head back to WA.
Anxious to see how you have improved your twisties - obviously you have NOT improved your CRR! :rolleyes: :roll: :p
(Creek Road Rage)

Last edited:
Back