Tail of the dragon

Jackson

Supercharged
I just got back from vacation and have to say the tail of the dragon was a riot to ride. The roads to the dragon were just as good, but not as many riders. I have to say the bikers down in North Carolina have it made to be able to ride like that so close to home. We have nice rides here in Illinois and Southern Wisconsin, but not like that.

You are correct. I'd rather ride the skyway and other roads in North Carolina, Tenessee and Northern Georgia than spend too much time on the dragon. Although i usually go on it once a year to get a new piccy.

oldsprint03

Sorry guys. I guessw I took for granted that alot of bikers from everywhere knows about the dragon. I agree that the dragon is such a small part of the riding down there. I did not get to do much riding, (400 miles) but did manage to make a couple wrong turns and still have great rides. I missed the Blue rigde parkway and ended up in Gatlinberg. What a beautiful mistake. I also went south on 28 and into outhCarolina (on accident of course) What I forgot was that others might not know about the dragon.

For those who don't know about it, ( I'm no expert) but it's 11 miles on State route 129 in Deals Gap and has 318 turns. It is fun to do a couple of times, but as I stated earlier, the whole road system down there was something I never dreamed of. Next time down there I will definatly do more riding on the "loops"

I hope everyone that rides there, living there or just visits, has as good as a time as I had.

Yeah well thats why all my critters are psycho....:D
Even the critters like to ride rockets.....lol....I gotta get a pic of Dumplin on my bike.......or have Jay post one.....I know we got some somewhere......

Yeah well thats why all my critters are psycho....:D
Even the critters like to ride rockets.....lol....I gotta get a pic of Dumplin on my bike.......or have Jay post one.....I know we got some somewhere......

Please leave Dumplin out of this. She would want it that way:D.

Ready to Ride:eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 7,118
Back