I have a PC V, if you get the Autotune with it, you can get a LED that has a whole bunch of choices for display, A/F ratio, etc, tach is one option.

I have been looking for a tach. Can not find one that is handle bar mounted and works on 3 cylinders. The above site seems to be for stock replacements. Does anyone out there know who sells them?

One might get an ODB2 Bluetooth adapter and some software for a smartphone or small tablet to display data. Tach data should be one of the dials. Someone here already did this and got it working (but of course that's not an always-there tachometer.)

I have looked into those. Pretty neat, this technology. I just want a handlebar tach. You would think someone would make one.

One might get an ODB2 Bluetooth adapter and some software for a smartphone or small tablet to display data. Tach data should be one of the dials. Someone here already did this and got it working (but of course that's not an always-there tachometer.)

I don't need one all the time. I would just like to understand when I will be in the best torque range to shift. I ordered this and will try it out.

Good question. That link provides precious little that would suggest a complete package. I really like the looks of the Chronometric (0-8K) tach, and, looking in the Rocket service manual, there appears to be a coil for each cylinder, meaning I should be able to tap into one for the RPM pulse, and if that is so, then all that remains is the mounting . . . a non-trivial matter for me if no handlebar mount is provided.

I emailed the rep "Tom" and received a short reply that he was racing at Bonneville this weekend, and would get back to me tomorrow.

So yes, the Smith's Gauges are my first choice, if they work and I can get it mounted without a King's ransom.

Back