Tacho wiring diagram for 07 standard.

Are you talking about adding an after-market tach?
Just trigger off one of the coil wires

I have fitted the cops and have wired a tacho converter to the wiring to run my xtreme tacho but its not a stable signal for some reason so was hoping to come off the ecu tacho signal wire instead .

Right - I have no experience of the marque mentioned - but I have a similar issue on a 41year old MotoGuzzi and an Acewell instrument. One option Acewell suggest is fitting a high load resistor into the trigger wire. Not done this yet as it's low on my todo list.

Have a diagram

Attachments

• Rocket3 Electrical Diagram - Labelled.png
    Rocket3 Electrical Diagram - Labelled.png
    644.9 KB · Views: 28
OEM Instrument Tach Signal is the RED wire on the main harness side of the Instrument Sub-Harness

What is this 'tacho converter' you're using?
I looked up VDO Xtreme and they say just connect directly to the Coil Negative
COPS or OEM Coils should not make any difference

OEM Instrument Tach Signal is the RED wire on the main harness side of the Instrument Sub-Harness

COPS or OEM Coils should not make

COPS or OEM Coils should not make any difference
Hi thanks for the reply , the tacho works for 4,6 or 8 cylinder application , hooking it up to one cylinder wont give me the correct reading , i have tried wiring it up to the negative side and got no response . The tacho converter is from just race parts . Unfortunately the wiring harness has been cut and i dont have any inetrument sub harnesss . Thats why i was hoping for a wiring diagram so i can trace it from the ecu . I have the motor in my farm quad and just need to adjust the tune as i have turbocharged it and need to adjust the tune ready for the dirtdrags coming up .

Hi thanks for the reply , the tacho works for 4,6 or 8 cylinder application , hooking it up to one cylinder wont give me the correct reading ,
This multi-cylinder setting always causes confusion with users when setting up an after-market tach ...........
It's effectively as if a single cylinder when connected to the coil - the 4,6 or 8 typically only applies to vintage systems with a distributor - ALL others that have individual coil for each cylinder gives same result, regardless of whether actually 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 8 cylinders as it is one pulse for every other engine revolution and you virtually always set these up as if it were a single cylinder, not multiple ( except for aforementioned vintage distributor type systems)

Thats why i was hoping for a wiring diagram so i can trace it from the ecu

Barbagris gave you the schematic and I gave you the identification of the wire from the ECU to the OEM Instrument connector that is the Tach signal - it's the RED wire
But that pulse ratio will be no different than the coil connection, still scaled as if for single cylinder (even though there are three actual cylinders)

This multi-cylinder setting always causes confusion with users when setting up an after-market tach ...........
It's effectively as if a single cylinder when connected to the coil - the 4,6 or 8 typically only applies to vintage systems with a distributor - ALL others that have individual coil for each cylinder gives same result, regardless of whether actually 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 8 cylinders as it is one pulse for every other engine revolution and you virtually always set these up as if it were a single cylinder, not multiple ( except for aforementioned vintage distributor type systems)

Barbagris gave you the schematic and I gave you the identification of the wire from the ECU to the OEM Instrument connector that is the Tach signal - it's the RED wire
But that pulse ratio will be no different than the coil connection, still scaled as if for single cylinder (even though there are three actual cylinders)
Sorry if im a little confused i understand the the signal from the coil represents 1 cylinder regardless of how many cylinders . How does the tacho work when it only has settings for 4 , 6 or 8 cylinders . How do you set it for 1 cylinder only. ?

The user guide I found was extremely limited - it does not specify the available options, only how to access the menu to set it - are you sure there is no single cylinder option? As I suggest that is pretty much universal with after-market tachs these days and setting for multi-cylinder would be the exception rather than the norm

The user guide I found was extremely limited - it does not specify the available options, only how to access the menu to set it - are you sure there is no single cylinder option? As I suggest that is pretty much universal with after-market tachs these days and setting for multi-cylinder would be the exception rather than the norm
This is the instructions i have for the tacho , perhaps all switches need to be off for 1 cyl only .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200805-103844_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200805-103844_Drive.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 19
Back