Tacho / Rev counter not working

Gary

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket
Hi,

I had the speedo and rev counter removed as the previous guy had them the wrong way around and the only thing I did was to disconnect the connectors. Now when you turn on the ignition the rev counter does not do the sweeping and non of the idiot lights work apart from the back light and the alarm light. It does not work when started and I have disconnected the connector to make sure I did not damage any pins.
Is there a fuse for this or do you think I have damaged the unit itself?

Thanks in advance

Gary

Hi,

I had the speedo and rev counter removed as the previous guy had them the wrong way around and the only thing I did was to disconnect the connectors. Now when you turn on the ignition the rev counter does not do the sweeping and non of the idiot lights work apart from the back light and the alarm light. It does not work when started and I have disconnected the connector to make sure I did not damage any pins.
Is there a fuse for this or do you think I have damaged the unit itself?

Thanks in advance

Gary
Dod you switch the plugs? By the I mean if it worked before you swapped the gauges? If so you had the plugs follow each gauge?

What can have happened is that the wires were stressed from being reversed and with rectification one has snapped inside the sheath.
I have had similar on an old MotoGuzzi.

But clean and inspect ALL connectors.

Back