T3880059 Cable Interface to PC

haxxan

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket R3
Hello All,

While browsing worldoftriumph I found Cable Interface to PC (T3880059).

Need to know about the purpose of this cable and about it's software for PC.

Link for product is here.

Best:thumbsup:

Attachments

• T3880059 Cable Interface to PC.png
    T3880059 Cable Interface to PC.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 18
There is no reason to own this. There is tuning and diagnostic software (Tuneecu and Dealertool) available but you don’t need this $118 cable to use them.

There is no reason to own this. There is tuning and diagnostic software (Tuneecu and Dealertool) available but you don’t need this $118 cable to use them.
OK. Got your point. But what is the purpose of this cable ? Pls guide.

Any cable or connection alike (bluetooth for example) to the obd port is to be able to access the computer of the vehicle, to read or update information.
The same cable is provided by dealertool together with software to read and update things.
Others use bluetooth and other software.
This particular cable is PC usb port to one connector port.
If you buy the one from triumph you may frame the invoice and keep it together for resale purposes

TuneECU will not connect to the new R3 ECU through any cable, according to TuneECU. Dealertool sells its own USB cable and its own proprietary Windows drivers. I don’t know if Dealertool works on the new Rockets. Email them and ask. This Triumph USB diagnostic cable is for other models and years. It would probably work with the old discontinued Windows version of TuneECU on the older Rockets. The new R3 requires a Bluetooth connection.

Last edited:
TuneECU will not connect to the new R3 ECU through any cable, according to TuneECU. Dealertool sells its own USB cable and its own proprietary Windows drivers. I don’t know if Dealertool works on the new Rockets. Email them and ask. This Triumph USB diagnostic cable is for other models and years. It would probably work with the old discontinued Windows version of TuneECU on the older Rockets. The new R3 requires a Bluetooth connection.
works, I am using it with my 21.

Back