T120 on the street today

Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 RIII Standard Bagger w/Fairing
My friend Mike the Millionaire p/u his new 2016 T120 today. He road it about 150 miles today. I stopped over this evening to drop off his 2015 Concours 14 I serviced for him. He told me to take the T120 for a ride. I AM IMPRESSED LIKE ALL GET OUT. WOW ! Kept the rpm to only 4,000. The bottom end power is impressive. When I came back I told Mike the only think WRONG with this bike is ... It isn't mine. Mike said he can't wait until the break in is done so he can rev it up to 7.000 rpm. He likes to get the break in oil change done then take his bikes to the drag strip. It is small, comfortable and nimble. I did circles and figure eights in his driveway. I can't imagine how much nicer the Thruxton R is going to be.

My friend Mike the Millionaire p/u his new 2016 T120 today. He road it about 150 miles today. I stopped over this evening to drop off his 2015 Concours 14 I serviced for him. He told me to take the T120 for a ride. I AM IMPRESSED LIKE ALL GET OUT. WOW ! Kept the rpm to only 4,000. The bottom end power is impressive. When I came back I told Mike the only think WRONG with this bike is ... It isn't mine. Mike said he can't wait until the break in is done so he can rev it up to 7.000 rpm. He likes to get the break in oil change done then take his bikes to the drag strip. It is small, comfortable and nimble. I did circles and figure eights in his driveway. I can't imagine how much nicer the Thruxton R is going to be.

How's that side MC business working for ya?
I keep Dan busy as heck with my mods.
Got most everything on my winter project list done now and just waiting for a decent day to tool up to Nels for a fresh dyno tune.

Coincidence, while having my R3T serviced I took a T120 black for a short test ride: Nice. A very pleasant engine, no vibes and good low down power, steering was surprisingly quick for a "all purpose bike" but its quite stable. Gearbox is smooth with no false neutrals, has enough bells and whistles ( i like the fact that it has a rain mode, wish my R3T had that). The only thing i didn't like were the mirrors, they were too small and didn't give much view.

How's that side MC business working for ya?
I keep Dan busy as heck with my mods.
Got most everything on my winter project list done now and just waiting for a decent day to tool up to Nels for a fresh dyno tune.

Mike is keeping me busy at the moment. He is having me service his entire 16 bike fleet. I have a few other guys who want spring services done too.

Coincidence, while having my R3T serviced I took a T120 black for a short test ride: Nice. A very pleasant engine, no vibes and good low down power, steering was surprisingly quick for a "all purpose bike" but its quite stable. Gearbox is smooth with no false neutrals, has enough bells and whistles ( i like the fact that it has a rain mode, wish my R3T had that). The only thing i didn't like were the mirrors, they were too small and didn't give much view.

Yes I agree on the mirrors. I would change them and maybe the handlebars.

I just stopped in to my Triumph dealer. They just got another T120 delivered today and already set it up and put it out on the floor.

Mike is keeping me busy at the moment. He is having me service his entire 16 bike fleet. I have a few other guys who want spring services done too.

Good on ya, Amigo!
Hey this T120 is it the new engine or the 950cc?

Last edited:
Thruxton, Thruxton, Thruxton!!! Oh, baby, I just can't wait to get my hands on a new one...

Back