Anomaly

.060 Over
Ride
2015 R3T
I was thinking last night, is there a switched power source that is only on once the bike is running? For instance, the tail light comes on with the bike in the ON position, but the radiator fan only comes on once the bike is running. I could tap the fan and use it to trigger a relay, but was curious if there was a better switched running power source.

Hi Anomaly. I don't know why you haven't had a better response yet, but the best power source you can ask for for switched power I found is under the left side cover. Under neath the cover, you'll have to look for it, but there is a open plug that is used for some reason we are not sure of but it contains a switched power source when the ignition is on. I bought an adapter that fits into that power source (no splicing or cutting into the wires) and then used that wire to power a relay like a fuseblock --- which is what I used to power all my accessories. Have a look under the cover and see what I am talking about.

Hi Anomaly. I don't know why you haven't had a better response yet, but the best power source you can ask for for switched power I found is under the left side cover. Under neath the cover, you'll have to look for it, but there is a open plug that is used for some reason we are not sure of but it contains a switched power source when the ignition is on. I bought an adapter that fits into that power source (no splicing or cutting into the wires) and then used that wire to power a relay like a fuseblock --- which is what I used to power all my accessories. Have a look under the cover and see what I am talking about.

If you're talking about the Junior Power Timer connector (JPT) I believe that is a switched power connector, not one that is only active when running. I'm looking for a switched source that is off when the key is in the ON position and only activated when the engine is running.

take a relay and hook up the ground side of the relay apply to the wire going to the oil sending switch so when the oil switch grounds it will apply relay.

Back