Jeff Cameron

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
What is the rectangle switch blank that is on the right handle bar just over the starter button? I see it in the photos in my owner's manual but it is unlabelled. I thought it might be for some equipment that was required in another country light a "passing light" or something. Has anybody done something with space? I was thinking about seeing if I could buy the real switch that fits there and connecting it to a garage door opener remote.

It was for Fog lights I believe, no parts available. - I recall someone modifying another switch to make it work.

Could even be for heated grips.

forget now which model but believe it is one of the past Tiger models that had same block but had a switch in there, I remember reading it somewhere on the .com site maybe Ruzz can enlighten us

No, Ruzz can't. I got a 1-2-3 position rocker switch from auto parts shop and made up an alloy surround to hold it all together and look OK.

Bit of mucking around, but works. I like the EB suggestion in the other thread today.

forget now which model but believe it is one of the past Tiger models that had same block but had a switch in there, I remember reading it somewhere on the .com site maybe Ruzz can enlighten us
No, Ruzz can't. I got a 1-2-3 position rocker switch from auto parts shop and made up an alloy surround to hold it all together and look OK.

Bit of mucking around, but works. I like the EB suggestion in the other thread today.

Fellas look at the link above

What is the rectangle switch blank that is on the right handle bar just over the starter button? I see it in the photos in my owner's manual but it is unlabelled. I thought it might be for some equipment that was required in another country light a "passing light" or something. Has anybody done something with space? I was thinking about seeing if I could buy the real switch that fits there and connecting it to a garage door opener remote.

I was wondering the same thing, so I looked at the owners manual for a 2005 Rocket and it shows it as a scrolling button.
I wish the factory would provide a switch to put in there for auxiliary options. Like a switch for fog lights or garage door opener.

switch off a 1996 Triumph Trophy 900 fits & works perfect there

Back