Swirl marks on tank 2018 R3R

Walking Tall

.060 Over
Ride
2018 Phantom Black R3R
So, I noticed today that there were swirl marks in the tank finish on my brand new phantom black Roadster. I consulted the dealer about the problem and they are filing a claim with Triumph. I may end up getting a replacement tank out of it. I'd be cool if the dealer would just find a detail guy to take the marks out of the paint, but understand they must follow protocol. Anyone else notice this issue?

So, I noticed today that there were swirl marks in the tank finish on my brand new phantom black Roadster. I consulted the dealer about the problem and they are filing a claim with Triumph. I may end up getting a replacement tank out of it. I'd be cool if the dealer would just find a detail guy to take the marks out of the paint, but understand they must follow protocol. Anyone else notice this issue?

I hope they are better stocked than suzuki. When I had to replace my tank on my m90 took 2 months to get a new one

I love the paint on my bike, but it has always seems to wear easily. I mean it will get marks from my pants on the tank where my knees are. They always buff out with detail compound, but the finish just seems soft.

Easy fix. $hitcan the lemon pledge for this. IMG_0375 (1).JPG And end up with a real protective shine IMG_0594.JPG Of course with out the beer and cigs plus cheap radio it will never work. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Got the tank swapped out at the dealership yesterday. Quick turnaround! But the mechanic damaged the fuel sending unit pulling it from the old tank and now it doesn't register the fuel level. So, my bike will have to go back in when the new part arrives. Also noted swirl marks in the rear fender, so they filed a claim with Triumph about that. Kinda getting them back for the s__t they put me through at the end of my demo ride when I dropped the bike :D

Back