Sweet performance trailer

Can't say I've ever seen one on the road .. then again I don't really look closely at trailers behind bikes , think I would have noticed one of them though. I'd be do my homework before outlaying any cash.

Found this while browsing the Internet. This is exactly the trailer Ive been looking for. Holding my breath for shipping to Canada and a favorable price point.

http://madmaxtrailers.com

Apparently they are in the really early phases and had some issues that they have resolved. I think I'll wait a while till there is some adoption and success.

But ..... sweet deal if they deliver IMHO.

Single wheel trailers been around for a while. Seems a lot of money for not a huge capacity. I'd rather do this:

IMG_0139.JPG

Single wheel trailers been around for a while. Seems a lot of money for not a huge capacity. I'd rather do this:

IMG_0139.JPG

That's how I handle it as well.

PICT1940.JPG

I can get enough junk in there for me and the misses. I know that looks like an accident waiting to happen but surprisingly it has very minimal affect on handling. I did ride Vanguard138 (Rick)'s R3T with a Bushtec two wheeled trailer behind it. Didn't do any knee dragging, but for normal riding I couldn't tell it was back there.

That's what I've always done in the past.
Here is a picture of my old ride before a cross country trip.

I'll tell ya though, with that much weight I had to replace the back tire after 7000K.
I've often considered a trailer as another option but found the current trailers pretty ****ty on performance.

Likely I'll stick with the luggage for now, until the right trailer comes along.

f#ckin hell .. it's like you're moving house , not going for a bike ride. You can't need all that gear.. well I never have that's for sure. Done a few 'away from home for a few weeks' trips but only take what we need. That's right there's two of us with half that gear :D

That's what I've always done in the past.
Here is a picture of my old ride before a cross country trip.

I'll tell ya though, with that much weight I had to replace the back tire after 7000K.
I've often considered a trailer as another option but found the current trailers pretty ****ty on performance.

Likely I'll stick with the luggage for now, until the right trailer comes along.

You'll need a conga-line of them trailers to cart all that stuff .. 3 at least I'd reckon :D

f#ckin hell .. it's like you're moving house , not going for a bike ride. You can't need all that gear.. well I never have that's for sure. Done a few 'away from home for a few weeks' trips but only take what we need. That's right there's two of us with half that gear :D

That is the biggest trip I ever did. 4 weeks in duration, 15000 km and I was camping along the way, so a bunch of that gear is tent and sleeping bag etc.

plus .... I can't go that long without my guitar (mini backpacker one) :)

Back