Hodge1974

My Rocket3 GT
Ride
2019 rocket 3 GT
The Rear preload goes up to 30 turns.ive backed mine off to 10,I’m 120kg and it seems ok there.going to take it down 1 more click to 9 and I have half a turn on the compression and the same with rebound.a lot better than what it was and still handles great.
The front I had to take 1 click on compression and rebound as when hard on brakes nearly bottoms out.

Respect and envy. That ought to sum up my feelings for those of you that can truly setup your suspension (never mind the manual)
I don't claim to possess skills in the Dark Art. After the initial 650 miles to loosen things up (including my dental fillings!) I made a beeline to see Jim at 'Catalyst Suspension' in San Carlos, on the peninsula of our pretty San Francisco bay. He set my (considerable) sag bounced this and clicked that. When done he inquired about the tire pressure, received the answer with the expected smirk and ruled I was to drop pressure 5psi. Better.

The Cobra Chromes require 42 psi I believe to the rear and 40 to the front (off memory only). That is much to high for my 190 lbs ass. I put 37 on the front and 40 rear. Some on here go lower. For long trips maybe up it and around town lower it. I have no idea why they want the pressure so high other than longer tire wear.:thumbsup:

The Cobra Chromes require 42 psi I believe to the rear and 40 to the front (off memory only). That is much to high for my 190 lbs ass. I put 37 on the front and 40 rear. Some on here go lower. For long trips maybe up it and around town lower it. I have no idea why they want the pressure so high other than longer tire wear.:thumbsup:
Rumor has it the higher inflation prolongs the life of the tire. Not the rider's, just the tire's. Must be that all that bouncing reduces the amount of time the tread is in contact with the road.
Seriously, a bit more sidewall flex (within reason) serves to warm up the tire quicker.

Back