Cameo

.020 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket III
Hi Guys,
I have read a few threads here on suspension and I have a hard time making up my mind.
I own a 2006 R standard, and the suspension is way too soft, the bike has 60 000 miles on it. I think I broke a tooth last time I hit a bump. My wife won't even ride with me, it's just too rough.

Can anyone suggest a good rear suspension replacement at a reasonable price, specially for riding in tandem.

Thanks.

The shocks that come on these bikes are horrible. I felt like as if riding a bull when I would hit a bump.

Changed out to Progressive 444 shocks and rides smooth now. You can get different lengths. Adjust damping as well.

If you get these shocks when adjusting damping grab the spring and turn it as well as the adjuster. Makes adjusting it much easier rather than just turning the adjuster itself.

Changing the fork springs is a option as well but have heard they are kind of stiff. I assume they are for more aggressive riding.

it's been a while since I used the stock rears - iirc they were simply TERRIBLE.
My wife kept kidney punching me. Very jarring ride.
The forks are frankly VERY undersprung. And the hydraulics are woeful.

Personally, putting GOOD suspension on is a sensible investment. What do you consider a reasonable price?.

For HIGH loads - imo you cannot beat good air suspension - i.e. Fournales.

The shocks that come on these bikes are horrible. I felt like as if riding a bull when I would hit a bump.

Changed out to Progressive 444 shocks and rides smooth now. You can get different lengths. Adjust damping as well.

If you get these shocks when adjusting damping grab the spring and turn it as well as the adjuster. Makes adjusting it much easier rather than just turning the adjuster itself.

Changing the fork springs is a option as well but have heard they are kind of stiff. I assume they are for more aggressive riding.
I went on their web site, they seem pretty good, but how would I go about selecting length? Should I just measure what is already on the bike?

I went on their web site, they seem pretty good, but how would I go about selecting length? Should I just measure what is already on the bike?

Yeah if your happy with the ride height of your bike then don't change it. I thought Progressive listed the stock length for our bikes on their website. I can't remember for sure... I think it's 12.5

Yeah if your happy with the ride height of your bike then don't change it. I thought Progressive listed the stock length for our bikes on their website. I can't remember for sure... I think it's 12.5
Yes they did list it and it is 12.5, just wanted to make sure, thanks for your input.

Back