Suspension upgrade

RickM

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket roadster,1050 tiger
Been riding bikes all my life road and dirt and first upgrade I do is suspension so talked to a suspension guru and got heavier springs for my forks and a set of ohlins for the rear set for my weight,height (6ft6 and 125 kgs) and riding style,wow what a difference,no more bucking and rolling in the corners and holds a nice line,good for nz roads.Next is air and exhaust upgrades,help around tuning would be much appreciated

Been riding bikes all my life road and dirt and first upgrade I do is suspension so talked to a suspension guru and got heavier springs for my forks and a set of ohlins for the rear set for my weight,height (6ft6 and 125 kgs) and riding style,wow what a difference,no more bucking and rolling in the corners and holds a nice line,good for nz roads.Next is air and exhaust upgrades,help around tuning would be much appreciated

For exhausts you would be nuts to go past @Paul Bryant, your countryman and fellow forum member's Viking custom exhausts for Triumph Rockets from header back or just solo can or twin cans and crossovers. Do a search using 'Viking' posted by Paul Bryant.

For Air induction upgrades most go with UK made RamAir unit which replaces the stock under seat system and plenum etc leaving the under seat airbox free for tools, electricals or other storage. Other options are 2 or 3 K&N pod versions.

Many go with Tune ECU tunes tweeked by @HansO who is famed for his freely given assistance, downloads and knowledge.

Plenty to read here:
TuneECU Source

Trading Tunes

Last edited:
Back