Surprised a sport bike rider

R3inCC

.040 Over
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket III
So I've owned my '05 now for one year, I have enjoyed the power on the back roads alone although I have never really toyed with any other riders until yesterday. I was riding to work minding my own business cruising at about 80 mph when I see a sport bike coming up behind me in my mirror. He comes along side of me and pauses for a second then passes me. I thought hmm, traffic is clear, let's have fun. I roll into the throttle and suck up behind him, he looks over his shoulder and I hear him down shift and he lays on his tank and accelerates and I just twist it a little more and stay right behind him, I look down and my GPS says 118 mph. He looks over his shoulder again, shakes his head and exits the freeway, the funny thing is I never took my feet off the highway pegs! Lol. I wish I could have read his mind.....

EXACTLY! Thats what I love about my Roadster. It scares the other guys right off the road.

I surprised my nephew and son about 2 weeks after picking up my 14 roadster. They were bragging about how fast their cbr600rr ' s were and I told them I could beat them to 60 mph. They laughed and said no way. Needless to say after about 3 tries they became believers. I love my bike and will eventually add more power because it's so fun.

118 is right around where ram air kicks in on my zx14 and it says you want to go fast lets go fast! I would trade my ninja for a rocket 3 but its set up like I like and most of all its paid for. In remembering my rocket I think 0-60 it would get going well but in upper speeds it does not feel like its even close to my zx14. I feel what is great about a rocket is you are comfortable+power.

I was out riding today with a group that included a woman riding a Victory cruiser. Her bike was stock except for aftermarket exhaust and a reprogrammed map. The woman was at least 100 pounds lighter than me. We had around 6-7 times where we were making a 90 degree turn from a stop sign on country two lane highways. The basic thing was start in first and make the turn, get straight and hammer on it and run it up through the gears. Her Victory and my Rocket were almost even....kind of surprised me. I think I need to go on a diet!

118 is right around where ram air kicks in on my zx14 and it says you want to go fast lets go fast! I would trade my ninja for a rocket 3 but its set up like I like and most of all its paid for. In remembering my rocket I think 0-60 it would get going well but in upper speeds it does not feel like its even close to my zx14. I feel what is great about a rocket is you are comfortable+power.
Well I will admit the sport bike I was running with was not even close to a ZX-14, maybe a 600 or 750... But I just enjoyed the fact that I surprised the little squid that was riding it

I was out riding today with a group that included a woman riding a Victory cruiser. Her bike was stock except for aftermarket exhaust and a reprogrammed map. The woman was at least 100 pounds lighter than me. We had around 6-7 times where we were making a 90 degree turn from a stop sign on country two lane highways. The basic thing was start in first and make the turn, get straight and hammer on it and run it up through the gears. Her Victory and my Rocket were almost even....kind of surprised me. I think I need to go on a diet!
:eek::eek::eek::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Back