sump on a 2013 roadster

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
gents....

drained the oil and have removed the 18 bolts on the edge holding the sump from the case the drawing on my book shows only 17 of them strange!! however my question, is the sump on a 2013 any different than a 2006 R3 my book is from 2006 am I missing something ? because the darn cover won't come down .....I know a gentle tap with a mallet should knock it off , but nothing is budging
anybody has more on this???

in the the middle there is a couple more bolt that hold the sump against the oil pump, don't worry I did the same and scratch my head till I asked Ol' mate Russ if there was a secret .... he told me the same as I just told you

in the the middle there is a couple more bolt that hold the sump against the oil pump, don't worry I did the same and scratch my head till I asked Ol' mate Russ if there was a secret .... he told me the same as I just told you
hello hans,, long time since I wrote to you, when you write " a couple of bolts you mean two or are there more of them!!

if you have trouble getting down under the bike to look, just feel around either side of centre oil drain plug there are two bolts

Back