Summer is Fading here in Indiana

BillyIndiana

Road rash heals-Freckles grow back-Ride
Ride
2015 R3T
Well summer is starting to fade here in Indiana. Wide range in daily temps, days are getting shorter, fields are beginning to be harvested, and the leaves are starting to change. Soon there will be frost on the pumpkins.

This weekend a few of us are getting together to ride the Ohio River Roads in Indiana. Weather is going to be great 60's in the mornings and 80's in the afternoons. Got a hotel in Scottsburg with a hot tub and a bottle of Buffalo Trace.

Next weekend My American Legion Riders Group is having a benefit ride for the Legion Baseball League.

It is interesting this time of year to see everyone scrambling to get in as much riding as possible.

I never really put my bikes away. I always have them ready for that mid 40 or 50 degree day that we are sometimes blessed with though the winter months. Then there are those snowy or cold days that all I can do is sit on the bike in the garage and dream of memories past.

This is truly my favorite time of year. If only it was not so short.

Then there are those Aussies around that will be living our dreams all winter long.

To those of us that know what 4 seasons truly are, cheers and enjoy what precious time you have left.

Well summer is starting to fade here in Indiana. Wide range in daily temps, days are getting shorter, fields are beginning to be harvested, and the leaves are starting to change. Soon there will be frost on the pumpkins.

This weekend a few of us are getting together to ride the Ohio River Roads in Indiana. Weather is going to be great 60's in the mornings and 80's in the afternoons. Got a hotel in Scottsburg with a hot tub and a bottle of Buffalo Trace.

Next weekend My American Legion Riders Group is having a benefit ride for the Legion Baseball League.

It is interesting this time of year to see everyone scrambling to get in as much riding as possible.

I never really put my bikes away. I always have them ready for that mid 40 or 50 degree day that we are sometimes blessed with though the winter months. Then there are those snowy or cold days that all I can do is sit on the bike in the garage and dream of memories past.

This is truly my favorite time of year. If only it was not so short.

Then there are those Aussies around that will be living our dreams all winter long.

To those of us that know what 4 seasons truly are, cheers and enjoy what precious time you have left.

Amen, Amen. Tis my favorite time of year also :cool:

As you know it's the opposite for us down here.
The days are getting longer, it's still light after 6PM now.
Spring time for us, which means Sun and rain and everything grows like crazy, well that's how it's supposed to be, of late we've had so much rain that the ground is just water logged.
I actually got out for a blast on the bike last night after work as it wasn't raining, AND got home without getting wet !

As you know it's the opposite for us down here.
The days are getting longer, it's still light after 6PM now.
Spring time for us, which means Sun and rain and everything grows like crazy, well that's how it's supposed to be, of late we've had so much rain that the ground is just water logged.
I actually got out for a blast on the bike last night after work as it wasn't raining, AND got home without getting wet !
Funny you getting so much rain, it has been one of the driest winter in a long time, only a couple of weeks ago I was saying how I think we are in for a bad Bush Fire season this coming Summer.
Well it is here early, it is still early Spring as there is approximately 80 odd bush fires reported in NSW alone over the last couple of days, so far most have been brought under control but there are couple not far from here still out of control and a few that have threatened homes further north and around Sydney

But the Riding has been good all thru winter even if a little chilly and this time of year for the next few months are ideal riding temps, then thru summer even thou it will get hot it is not to hot most of the time as long as it stays in the mid 30's Celsius as I believe in ATGATT and have the vented gear for the warmer weather but 40+ degree days are to hot

The only reason I like winter and the cold is cos you get to lay around with the log burner going watching the snow falling!....BUT IT DONT TAKE LONG TO GET SICK OF THAT!!...Thankfully its almost over! Like Paul, we are experiencing the oncoming of spring....all the fruit trees are coming into bloom and it seems to be raining a lot!...Were off to Rarotonga tomorrow morning for a couple of weeks to bask in 25c-27c ....and to snorkel and sunbathe!...what a bastard!...On our return my bike registration will be renewed and I will start riding again!!Yeehah!

The only reason I like winter and the cold is cos you get to lay around with the log burner going watching the snow falling!....BUT IT DONT TAKE LONG TO GET SICK OF THAT!!...Thankfully its almost over! Like Paul, we are experiencing the oncoming of spring....all the fruit trees are coming into bloom and it seems to be raining a lot!...Were off to Rarotonga tomorrow morning for a couple of weeks to bask in 25c-27c ....and to snorkel and sunbathe!...what a bastard!...On our return my bike registration will be renewed and I will start riding again!!Yeehah!
Weeeeelll its alrite for some ! Love log burners ..... PRRRROPER .... :thumbsup: have fun with all that hard work lying in the sun :p

Back