Suggestions for a bike for the missus...

kenne

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket iii Rat
Hi All,

Looking for some recomendations for a bike for my missus, she currently has a T100 but the bike is very top heavy and when she is trying to reverse or manouvre the bike it is a struggle for her as she can bearly touch the ground. She had a Suzuki Intruder before that (VL250) which was probably a good height for her, but she always wanted a bonniville. She has had it for awhile but it is not enjoyable for her.

cheers

Top heavy is not something you can remedy.. However you can lower the bike?

If she likes and wants a Bonnie i'd try to make it better for her. There's the Kawa 650 Vulcan S that would suit her to a tee, but IMO it's got the soul of a potato.. :)

My wife is 5'2" and loves her '11 HD Fat Boy. No issues with being top-heavy. I had it lowered 1" so she can be flat footed with both feet. She also feels more confident when wearing solid, motorcycle designed, riding boots. Honestly , whatever she fancies I'd take her to a dealer and let her sit on some; maybe take a test ride. Even if you go the used route, you'll have a better idea.
-MIG

I also would try out the America.

I know that the Yamaha xv1100 is an older model bike now but it's low seat height and big engine is nice to ride. I put nearly 30,000 miles on mine before I got the rocket only repair bills where to get the carb rebuilt after buying it and tires. And shaft drive for maintenance free final drive. Could even drag the Harleys off from the lights.

Back