Skelton Hogs

.040 Over
Ride
2013 Rocket Touring
Hi y'all just wanted to update you guys and gals that when switching over to LED brake lamps from OEM, the converter thing that they say is required to trick the ECU that more voltage is there when it's not in order to have it function properly is not actually required. I apologise I don't know the name of the gadget that the LED companies tell you to buy and need to wire in when installing a dual purpose bulb to have it switch from brighter and dimmer
. So I've swapped out the brake bulb, head light bulb and license plate bulb all with a plug and play installation no extra wiring required. Very happy and bright. The license plate is now red which helps the back of the bike look hopefully like I'm always slowing down so people may stay back more often (testing that will report) Brake light can tell the difference although the neighbor seems to think it brighter, the headlight is MUCH brighter and white light. My next trial are the indicators and hear the quick flash will get me, I'll going to test that.

Its the indicators which need the resistor otherwise you may get fast blinking. Other globes ok.

Back