Styling opinions please?

PappyBlade

Trucks, it's what's for dinner and everything else
Ride
"Mor'du" 2015 Rocket 3 Roadster ABS
So I've had it suggested that I re-wrap my Carpenter Sidewinders in red, paint the muffler red, and paint the calipers red.

Others have said "That'd be a LOT of red"

I think it would accent things nicely, along with red brake lines.

I guess I'm looking for thoughts and opinions and ideas of other small accents to add.

I'd thought of red/black mirrors also but yeah, maybe overdoing the red there...

Attachments

• 20190618_154927.jpg
    20190618_154927.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190618_175205.jpg
    20190618_175205.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 4
Its your bike so do what you like, however, never been a fan of exhausts in anything other than black, chrome or stainless.

Sounds like too much red to me but I would have to see it so CRACK ON and we will tell you if it looks s**t :thumbsup:

Its your bike so do what you like, however, never been a fan of exhausts in anything other than black, chrome or stainless.

Sounds like too much red to me but I would have to see it so CRACK ON and we will tell you if it looks s**t :thumbsup:

Exactly the answer I expected!

I agree with everything you said. I always say 'do what you want, it's your bike' but there are things that are just too off the norm to look 'right' ya know?

I've not seen a colored exhaust ever, other than black, so that's my big concern.

The exhaust issue is moot though, as I'm working on trading the Carpenter for a Reband.

Last edited:
So I've had it suggested that I re-wrap my Carpenter Sidewinders in red, paint the muffler red, and paint the calipers red.

Others have said "That'd be a LOT of red"

I think it would accent things nicely, along with red brake lines.

I guess I'm looking for thoughts and opinions and ideas of other small accents to add.

I'd thought of red/black mirrors also but yeah, maybe overdoing the red there...

NEVER!!!!:eek:;):p:D

You got a long way to go yet!

Radiator hoses and every other possible stupid place to put one still awaits you too!;):p:D

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed
R3 Custom Lloyds Qld 14.JPG
R3 Custom Lloyds Qld 8.JPG
R3 Custom Lloyds Qld 10.JPG

It is not too late, this person has since re-considered, so can you!;):p:D:cool:

Link Removed

NEVER!!!!:eek:;):p:D

You got a long way to go yet!

Radiator hoses and every other possible stupid place to put one still awaits you too!;):p:D

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

It is not too late, this person has since re-considered, so can you!;):p:D:cool:

Link Removed

I LOVE IT!!! Never thought of hoses too! I saw the painted lettering on the tires and forgot to mention that one.

There is a company over here in the UK, 5 miles from me as it happens, that does coloured exhausts, not a fan.

Suzuki-Bandit-600-95-06-Red-GP-PRO-RACE-_1.jpg

26114476656_57f5691483_b.jpg

And finally, dont want to offend HD riders on here so i will just leave this here for now :rolleyes:

HP%20Wrap0015.JPG

On seeing this HD, now I'm thinking maybe Red ceramic on the Reband might not look so bad

It's your bike mate , One of the few things that is yours all yours ! If you like red then f@$k em all , go for it ! Definitely a faster colour than blue ! ;)
As for the pipes ? get em Cerakoted . some good shades of volcanic red available , helps dissipate the heat and a lot prettier than wrapping them !
As for other red bolt ons ? be aware that sunshine and polishing soon makes red things look pink . I'm talking banjo fittings and the like ! wheels also benefit from Cerakoting . much harder wearing than powder coat . you can always change it all again if red goes out of fashion ! pictures when done please !

Maybe it is just the colour rendering on my computer, but some of that red looks like lipstik to me, but you do whatever turns you on.

Never seen header wrap that didn't eventually turn white...or at least a light grey with time. I have some red on mine, but exhaust is supposed to be black IMHO. Probably just me being weird though

Back