CHI-TOWN.ROCKET

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Well with a broken leg I strapped my crutches to my bolt on kit that I put on my R3R to make it a trike and made it to Sturgis. Last 23 miles had problems with my saddle bag falling off do to a broken bolt, but made it never the less. Oh yeah it took me a while to get from Chicago to Sturgis due to the fact that I had a pulmonary embolism (blood clots) so I had to stop about every hour or hour and a half. My doctor advised against the trip, but what does he know he doesn't even ride. I'm still taking my blood thinners...ok and some Jack and cokes never the less still enjoyed the ride. Anyways if anybody is swinging by let me know we can meet up. I'll be the guy with the crutches and the R3R trike.

Oh to be young and invincible again!
Goodonya Amigo for your dedication, but please take some care.
I've had a pulmonary embolism and you do NOT want one!
Mine cost me a week in ICU followed by 3 more weeks in the hospital.

Oh to be young and invincible again!
Goodonya Amigo for your dedication, but please take some care.
I've had a pulmonary embolism and you do NOT want one!
Mine cost me a week in ICU followed by 3 more weeks in the hospital.

He HAS HAD one already too.

Like you, so have I, about 8 in each lung when they finally diagnosed it. I only spent 4 days in hospital because we have a great Home Hospital system here where you can go home and the Nurses visit daily or as required to take tests and administer injections etc. I had had a leg thrombosis before so was quite happy administering my own heparin or whatever injections to the stomach.

Mine was due to a genetic f*ck up where I got 2 copies of the same gene Factor V Leidin that causes thrombosis. One copy gives you a 8x chance of thrombosis and two copies gives you 100X. I won the jackpot! ;):eek::(:D

Last edited:
Ya just can't keep a good Rocket Man down Chi-Town. As we all well know, those clots are often times fatal but it didn't keep you home. I had one in March of '17 that almost took me so know well.

Every once in awhile I meet someone or read of a post and say "there goes my new hero". You fit the bill. If I was in Sturgis I'd definitely join up and buy you a beer. Take care of yourself my friend and keep moving. Frequent stops and movement is what you know you need to do and by all means stay hydrated. It is another key way to prevent clotting that I learned from a retired Army flight surgeon, an avid rider, unlike your doc and one who experienced a clot. Have a great time and a great ride home.

You're the Man.

Thanks guys.
It was hectic, but after the accident when I broke my leg in 3 places. Well I didn't expect the pulmonary embolism neither did me wife, but when she said well I guess your not going to Sturgis. That's when I said the he** you say... I told her that's the ride that gives me the passion to keep going the rest of the year. If you don't try to live your life then how is it living?? Be safe and enjoy guys.

I forgot to ask if you'd taken a pic of the the bike with the kit installed. I'm not sure what it is.

IMG_48961.jpg
IMG_48961.jpg
IMG_48971.jpg
20180801_103937.jpg
20180728_101353.jpg

Back