The Only Noel

.020 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket 3 standard
I was riding to work this morning and 2nd started skipping. It doesn't fall out of gear. It feels almost like a traction issue. Any ideas?

I bought it from a dealership and they couldn't tell me if it had the repair or not. It has the black engine and 18k miles on it.

I bought it from a dealership and they couldn't tell me if it had the repair or not. It has the black engine and 18k miles on it.
Stupid dealerships if I was wondering the first thing I'd do is lift the tank and see if it has the updated ignition plug sockets installed
They came in the update kit. Second I'd spin the inspection plug out in front and see if I could see what cam guide was in it.
If it had those parts I would suspect someone had installed the update kit. Oh and if they run the VIN number, if Triumph did the install they would have a record of issuing the kit and authorizing labor hours. If you owned both you could tell from the amount of backlash in the second gear dogs. Ya just have to put her in second not running and rock her back and forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back