Blackviper2005

.020 Over
Ride
2013 triumph rocket 3 touring
How can I tell for sure if my scooter has ABS? I bought this bike used from long distance and it supposedly has ABS.. is there an easy way to verify?
I’ve had multiple bikes in the past and there was always a visual clue that it was a ABS bike. Either this is not an ABS bike or Triumph hides it very well...😁

2013 Rocket 3 Touring....
Thanks Mark in Texas

Look for a sensor (ring with a bunch of square holes in it) on each wheel. On the Roadster, the ABS unit is under the swing arm behind the engine. Not sure where it is on a touring.

My k1200gt has linked abs power ( yes, power) brakes, at 10 mph on gravel, you can't fool it, no matter how hard or quick you hit the brakes, you can't make it slip

My k1200gt has linked abs power ( yes, power) brakes, at 10 mph on gravel, you can't fool it, no matter how hard or quick you hit the brakes, you can't make it slip
I watched a BMW factory video years ago and they had some of their bikes fitted with outriggers so it was impossible to fall.. it was interesting to watch how the ABS vs Non-ABS bikes worked.. they showed it in slow motion.. I’ve loved ABS ever since....
I’ve also witnessed several near bike crashes and ABS is a life saver...

How can I tell for sure if my scooter has ABS? I bought this bike used from long distance and it supposedly has ABS.. is there an easy way to verify?
I’ve had multiple bikes in the past and there was always a visual clue that it was a ABS bike. Either this is not an ABS bike or Triumph hides it very well...😁

2013 Rocket 3 Touring....
Thanks Mark in Texas
Look for the slotted ring front and back wheel independent of the disc brakes!
I have a 2013 touring that according to the option list and the vin number has abs but is does not have abs! 2014 on touring came standard with abs!

Back