Stupid Good Deal on AGV K3 SV Helmet

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
motorcyclecloseouts.com had some Rossi Imola helmets for dumb prices, $150!

Looks like I'm going AGV this time :)

Looking through SHARP testing and reading about SHARP vs SNELL, I admit, the SHARP tests seem more consistent with the way people crash in real life, for the most part. $150 lid that gets 4 stars, exceeding DOT and UK requirements, carrying ECE label as well. Hard to beat imho!

s-l640.jpg

Thinking of keeping the Nexx RS1R in rotation for another year or so and then letting it retire. It'll be 5 years at that point since manufacture so, about time.

I have a narrow head :p

The nexx is definitely a nice lid but this one crashes better according to SHARP, somehow.

They’re both staying in use, just want to have options lol.

HJC never tested personally. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Do like how they fit and function. Kind of dull and not very flashy. Not very expensive.

The fly doesn’t seem bad at all. Going to climb the AGV ladder of products if I like this one.

After much reading I’m kind of sold on AGV as the brand I’ll be sticking with.

AGV - Actual race helmet manufacturer who as the highest testing results as a brand in SHARP tests and make some very premium models (+ Rossi !!).
Arai - Feel good but boring looking imo.
Shoei - Some lookers, Ill fitting for me.
Nexx - Dying brand already.
Bell - Great brand, doesn’t fit me right.
Icon - Nope.
HJC - Irrational dislike, no logical reason.
Shark - Who I’ll go with if AGV isn’t what I’m hoping for.
LS2 - Newish discount brand that by all reviews and testing seems to have some really good helmets, not convinced yet.

The fly doesn’t seem bad at all. Going to climb the AGV ladder of products if I like this one.

After much reading I’m kind of sold on AGV as the brand I’ll be sticking with.

AGV - Actual race helmet manufacturer who as the highest testing results as a brand in SHARP tests and make some very premium models (+ Rossi !!).
Arai - Feel good but boring looking imo.
Shoei - Some lookers, Ill fitting for me.
Nexx - Dying brand already.
Bell - Great brand, doesn’t fit me right.
Icon - Nope.
HJC - Irrational dislike, no logical reason.
Shark - Who I’ll go with if AGV isn’t what I’m hoping for.
LS2 - Newish discount brand that by all reviews and testing seems to have some really good helmets, not convinced yet.

As a by the way...good site overall...thx

I have a narrow head :p

The nexx is definitely a nice lid but this one crashes better according to SHARP, somehow.

They’re both staying in use, just want to have options lol.

I love “this one crashes better”, the speed you ride at I’m hoping you never have to test it!

Back