Stripe Delete/Removal

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Wondering, for those who have painted their Skunks or Red Stripers, do they just come off with heat or is it an ordeal to delete them?

Asking because I want to re-stripe it in a way I haven't yet seen done that will match the rest of my bike, and I'd like to remove the stockers without doing any damage to the matte areas of paint.

If they are a huge pain I'll just re-stripe over the stock ones, but I'm concerned it will print through where they end the stock stripes around the gas cap.

Thanks

FOR ANYONE IN THE FUTURE: Both of red and white Roadster striped have clear over them. Once you remove them, there is a visible line that you can feel with your finger.

Last edited:
Wondering, for those who have painted their Skunks or Red Stripers, do they just come off with heat or is it an ordeal to delete them?

Asking because I want to re-stripe it in a way I haven't yet seen done that will match the rest of my bike, and I'd like to remove the stockers without doing any damage to the matte areas of paint.

If they are a huge pain I'll just re-stripe over the stock ones, but I'm concerned it will print through where they end the stock stripes around the gas cap.

Thanks
I have the red striped version, it looks like the stripes are clear coated over. It would seem if you apply heat to the white stripes and pull them off by pulling backwards flush with the attached stripe (to minimize pull on painted surface), it MAY not pull the paint off. Many years ago I tried to remove OEM white stripes off a 1973 Chevy Nova and it took small blotches of paint with the stripes, although I did not heat the stripes. Might try an inconspicuous spot like under the seat to see if it lifts the paint off.

They shouldn't have any clear coat over them. Pulling them up will not pull base paint up with it like the 70's laquer paint since the the base color does have a c/c over it. Only issue could be a little fading of the color areas that are not covered by the stripe but shouldn't be an issue with black. Yes a little heat should help out :thumbsup:

Thanks all. I'd googled but never saw mention of removal of stripes from a vehicle with a matte finish.

Back