Street bike offroad

alpental

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
Saw this video today of this poor guy who took his GSXR down a muddy trail and had a miserable time (trail starts at 1:45 with great music to accompany the video) and wondered if anyone takes their Rocket off road beyond smooth dirt/gravel roads? Sometimes you see those videos of Harley guys crossing small streams/rivers down trails...

I took her down a gritty hard pan road once ( very little in the way of ruts). Handlebar input was more of a suggestion rather than actual control. Decided I wouldn't need to do that ever again haha.

I'm afraid that I can't feel any sympathy for the Baron at all. It could also be a bit tricky on the Rocket, even with the DS. ;) However, I think my Enfield could do it without a problem. :D

Saw this video today of this poor guy who took his GSXR down a muddy trail and had a miserable time (trail starts at 1:45 with great music to accompany the video) and wondered if anyone takes their Rocket off road beyond smooth dirt/gravel roads? Sometimes you see those videos of Harley guys crossing small streams/rivers down trails...

Excellent video, Abe!
I have put my Rocket in similar predicaments - fortunately not quite that bad.
Got lost in the woods of Mt. St. Helens once and did 75 miles of unimproved boulder dirt before finding pavement.
I do not shy away from logging roads and catch mucho crap from buddies that will not follow.
It is good to know others do stupid things as well. :thumbsup:

Hilarious to watch the gixer. That be English countryside that be and believe it or not he is definately not the first to do that . The countryside is criss crossed with green lanes like that and most start off easily passable and definately are shortcuts and inviting until they lure you in and you can't turn around ! :ninja:

Excellent video, Abe!
I have put my Rocket in similar predicaments - fortunately not quite that bad.
Got lost in the woods of Mt. St. Helens once and did 75 miles of unimproved boulder dirt before finding pavement.
I do not shy away from logging roads and catch mucho crap from buddies that will not follow.
It is good to know others do stupid things as well. :thumbsup:

What made this especially difficult to watch was how much I could relate. I could totally see myself getting into that situation against better advice, thinking everyone else is a pu55y and I know better, then finding myself in deep sh1t!

What made this especially difficult to watch was how much I could relate. I could totally see myself getting into that situation against better advice, thinking everyone else is a pu55y and I know better, then finding myself in deep sh1t!

For me, the unknown is the spice of motor riding!
I shall admit to taming down some in recent years as my gusto has waned.
Be wild while you can!
There shall be plenty time to me;;ow as you age.

Yep it was 6*C 43*F and raining when I went to the bike shop today. Enjoyed the weather and ride in my open face helmet with the Rocket's winter screen fitted. The gray beard felt a bit Vikingish fluttering around in a wet breeze. Might have to tackle those dirt mountain roads up to the snow line again this week as we are forcasting snow tonight down to 600 meters so may get a few flurries at home outside tonight. Only occurs every 3-5 years or so in Canberra. Will put some loctite on my indicator lens screws first though.
My Roadster is dirty and bits fell off!

Back