Strange Noises on 2013 R3R

hossman

.040 Over
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT Triple Black Edition
Is it normal while sitting in neutral and you let the clutch out you feel a rattle in the handlebars and some chatter from the clutch/tranny area and pull it back in and it goes away?
Also I have noticed in 4th or 5th gear cruising light on the throttle I hear a whining whistle sound.

In my R3R I hear the front gear box bearing rumbling when it's cold and the clutch is out, if I pull the clutch in the rumble stops.

In 4th and 5th at 2200RPM I experience a vibration through the bike that completely disappears when I put the
slightest of pressure on the clutch leaver.

After 15000km the vibration has not changed for better or worse,love not to have it but I live with it, there some posts on this site about the same subject if you are interested.

In my R3R I hear the front gear box bearing rumbling when it's cold and the clutch is out, if I pull the clutch in the rumble stops.

In 4th and 5th at 2200RPM I experience a vibration through the bike that completely disappears when I put the
slightest of pressure on the clutch leaver.

After 15000km the vibration has not changed for better or worse,love not to have it but I live with it, there some posts on this site about the same subject if you are interested.

I have the exact same thing on my 2013 too (though mine seems closer to 2k). I was thinking about taking it in, but if you and the OP see the same I may not worry about it.

Back