jthree

Turbocharged
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
I was just on another forum (VTX) and there was a discussion about this stand...

Brute Motorcycle / ATV Stand

Anybody use anything like this for the Rocket. I know the frame doesn't lend itself well to jacks and stands but wondered what others do for storage.

Pitbull Motorcycle Lifts, Built by bikers for bikers with you and your bike's safety in mind.

I bought this jack in 2002 for my RK it's built like a tank. Unfortunately it doesn't work on the Rocket, i'm thinking with the setup SKIP came up with on his bike it just might. There's an opportunity here for someone to make some serious money coming up with the right adapters for the Rocket to fit most jacks. I can't say enough about this jack with it's lifetime warranty,the only down fall it's pricey. I was moaning and growning having to dish out $400 back in 2002. it's up over $600 today,though they do have sales once and awhile.

Yeah, seen those before and they are nice to be sure but out of my price range especially given how infrequently I'd use it.
Just looking for a cheap solution for a stand. Thanks for the info though.

I was just on another forum (VTX) and there was a discussion about this stand...

Brute Motorcycle / ATV Stand

Anybody use anything like this for the Rocket. I know the frame doesn't lend itself well to jacks and stands but wondered what others do for storage.

I use one of these China Freight jacks. You just have to make the special "Fred" adapter that cradles the cross bar of the swing arm. It's steady as a rock. Click on the link at the bottom.

Search results for: 'motorcycle lift'

I already have the Flip stand, which I love and use a lot. I was looking for something like the stand shown in the OP that I could put the bike on and move around the garage.
Maybe it's time to break out the welder :eek:

I use one of these China Freight jacks. You just have to make the special "Fred" adapter that cradles the cross bar of the swing arm. It's steady as a rock. Click on the link at the bottom.

So I have a lift similar to that one (I'm sure they are mass produced in China somewhere and re-branded by a thousand different stores). Do you have details of the add-on (dimensions) and a picture of the bike on the lift. I'm not picturing how it sits on there.

So I have a lift similar to that one (I'm sure they are mass produced in China somewhere and re-branded by a thousand different stores). Do you have details of the add-on (dimensions) and a picture of the bike on the lift. I'm not picturing how it sits on there.

How mine works is first I push the bike up onto a couple pieces of 2 x 12 board, one for each tire, one for the standard. That gets the bike up high enough that the lift is a lot easier to get under it. Then from the right side I stand the bike up and slide the lift under. The right hand lift pad will be under the oil pan. Then put the Fred adapter on the left lift pad and align the top of it with the cross brace of the swing arm. Then jack it up. It sounds a lot more complicated than it is. If your still interested I can get you the dimensions of the adapter. You could use this set up to move the bike around, it just wouldn't be real maneuverable as the lift only has steerable wheels on one side.

For the little bit I need to move it, that would be fine. Ironically it also gives me a spot to store the lift as that's always in my way :eek:.

If you could get me dimensions, that would be great.

Thanks

Jthree

Back