Stopped by the local H-D shop

sds

.040 Over
Ride
2014 R3R,
Had a bit of time to kill, so I stopped by the local H-D store a few days back. Was just minding my own business looking at bikes. The owner came up and started telling me about the different models. I know little about bikes in general and even less about H-D.
He asked me what I had, I told him .He started on about how jap/euro bikes get no torque unless at high rpm. I told him what my R3 was putting out and he told me I didn't know what I was talking about, and if I had some time he would put me on a tike with some "real" torque and hp.

Real TQ?, now that is a funny thing. V-Twins do have a lot of TQ, but that HD bias kills a lot of sales simply due to the prideful ignorance.

I walked out of 3 Harley dealers over the years because of that ignorance. Once here in town and twice at Daytona HD. I guess they are trained not to spot a real experienced rider but to treat them like they should be in awe of the HD right in front of them. Yea, Harleys are nice but I am too old to be treated like a wannabe as soon as I walk into the dealership.

Amen, Triumph because we think.

And, I Ain't throwing off on my friends Victories.

That HD mentality is why I have the Rocket. Salesman told me how bad the Sportster was for 10 minutes, wanted me on a $20K something instead:confused:. I believed him, applied that to all HD and would now not have one.

HD makes some good bikes for what they are. I have one with 30k miles on it with nothing other than service done and it makes long slab rides very comfortable. They are not however anywhere close to comparable to a rocket by any stretch of the imagination and anyone that tries to say they are is an obvious idiot which should be avoided so it doesn't rub off

Back