Stocking Spare Parts

Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
Good day all,
Just looking to compile a list of spare parts you would recommend based on your experience with respect to past issues. I plan on keeping my rockets for quite some time and am now focusing on stocking a few of the parts that fail such as water pump, decent spring, valve cover gasket etc.... looking 10 years down the road and not knowing the future of the machine or Triumph’s intent with respect to part availability, may not be a bad idea.

Thanks

All cables and fork seals can be bought after market and mostly better quality than genuine. I would focus solely on parts only available through Triumph. I mostly Only use genuine oil and fuel filters.
Clutch lifter, detent spring, cam chain guides would be on my list

I carry:
Spare new clutch cable
Tire repair kit
Good 12V air pump
Good jump box
OBDII cable
Tools

I carry:
Spare new clutch cable
Tire repair kit
Good 12V air pump
Good jump box
OBDII cable
Tools
If we are talking whats "Carried".
Spare throttle cable (Pull Side)
Fuses and Relays.
Cable ties (Modern day fencing wire)
Front wheel 19mm hex Socket
Spare fob battery for @DEcosse keyless Ign
Insulation tape
Miniture socket set 1/4 drive
Combination pliers
Side Cutting Pliers
Spare short clutch and brake levers (Cheap ebay ones)
I think that's it?

If we are talking whats "Carried".
Spare throttle cable (Pull Side)
Fuses and Relays.
Cable ties (Modern day fencing wire)
Front wheel 19mm hex Socket
Spare fob battery for @DEcosse keyless Ign
Insulation tape
Miniture socket set 1/4 drive
Combination pliers
Side Cutting Pliers
Spare short clutch and brake levers (Cheap ebay ones)
I think that's it?

You be a paranoid bloke, Tony!!! :rolleyes: :roll:
I also carry adequate tools to remove the wheels and likely most everything else not requiring special tools.
Tape, xtra fob & battery, a few fuses (I do have a PDM60).
I do not carry a wire fence, levers or throttle cables.
I sure wish we could go riding together!

All cables and fork seals can be bought after market and mostly better quality than genuine. I would focus solely on parts only available through Triumph. I mostly Only use genuine oil and fuel filters.
Clutch lifter, detent spring, cam chain guides would be on my list
Thank you Sir.

You be a paranoid bloke, Tony!!! :rolleyes: :roll:
I also carry adequate tools to remove the wheels and likely most everything else not requiring special tools.
Tape, xtra fob & battery, a few fuses (I do have a PDM60).
I do not carry a wire fence, levers or throttle cables.
I sure wish we could go riding together!
I have my air box available as it also houses my Rostra cruise control module and my keyless ign module - i stuff it full - i have a motto that I learned from @ozrider
I'd rather be looking AT something than looking FOR something.

Hmmm I might just throw a clutch cable in there too. hahaha

Yep a ride would be great mate.

Not worried about what is carried but rather building a small stock of parts that either generally wear or have an above average failure rate.

I understand that it’s not a perfect science as everyone develops, or doesn’t, specific issues over time. If the rocket wasn’t in a “transitional phase” I wouldn’t worry about it. For example, my son owns a victory judge and when Polaris dropped the brand my son recieved a nice letter explaining that he should not be concerned as to being looked after with respect to warranty, parts or service. The company would stock parts for the next 10 years. Same thing happened to me when Suzuki dropped their car lineup for North America, I recieved a letter stating parts would be avalible for the next 10 years.

As we know the touring edition was dropped as of 2018, even though the Roadster is still on the showroom floor, there was no indication from triumph to their owners, as far as I’m aware.

I’m not particularly concerned as I’m a fella that kinda sets myself up to take care of issues as they arise. I also believe that the rockets engine if properly maintained should live an extreamly long life. Thus the intent of this post. I figure if I pick folks brains a little I’ll be able to complile a small stock of spare parts in the event that something turns out to be difficult to acquire.

Hope this kinda makes sence.

On another point, valve cover gaskets, do they have a shelf life?

Back