speedfrk

.060 Over
Anyone have any idea how much a set of used stock mufflers and a CAT box for a classic/standard model are worth that are in exellent condition and is there even a market for this stuff?

Dunno...but if I ever get my Jars in I will give you the entire exhaust system off my Roadster...you pay shipping

Anyone have any idea how much a set of used stock mufflers and a CAT box for a classic/standard model are worth that are in exellent condition and is there even a market for this stuff?

Probably not much right now. In 25 or 30 years they will be worth a lot as young people start fixing up basket case Rockets. If a guy was smart he would grab up every set he could find and save them for later !

Mine are stored in my Jardine box, complete with good/new gaskets...minus the tips which I mailed to SnuffCityRider.. and he never got.. so they are in limbo land apparently forever. I even have a 2nd stock header (or exhaust log as we used to call it.. my favorite term) if anyone needs one..

You might could make a mail box post out of them... Or use the mufflers as a stack exhaust on a tractor?... :)

There are times I have thought about returning to stock exhaust.. but those are few and far between. I do keep them on hand just in case I want to use them.. or God forbid I lay down my bike and need to replace the exhaust.. or if I ever decide to trade it in, I can remove the Jars and sell them for a few more hundred..

Dunno...but if I ever get my Jars in I will give you the entire exhaust system off my Roadster...you pay shipping
**** tex still waiting on those jars?!!! :eek: That is total BS. Not a way for a company to treat it's customers. I gave up on waiting and got TORS. I'm pleased.

Probably not much right now. In 25 or 30 years they will be worth a lot as young people start fixing up basket case Rockets. If a guy was smart he would grab up every set he could find and save them for later !

Wrapp them up and put them away in the shed. You may need them one day to get a defect sticker removed from your bike. I had to ferret out the original pipes of my Softail and put them back on for about half an hour to get a roadworthy so I could sell it. The baffles were rusted away and it was still to loud so I had to slip the mufflers of and stuff them with steelwool. Got it passed and the wool caught on fire and burnt out on the way home. Sold the bike and gave him the pipes incase he had to do the same thing.

Back