still in need of butt help

kingmerle

child of the king
Ride
08 R3T
Just returned from 2500 mill trip over 8 days. I purchased the brand new supposedly upgraded longhaul dual seat just before I started the trip. It is now a two piece deal instead if one. After 100 miles, I wanted off. over the following days I switched back and forth from using my airhalk pad. I survived the trip by stopping every 50 miles and taking a short walk, but I rode a lot of not so pleasant miles. I now have the option of sending out the stock seat or this new one and see if someone can make it better. I go 265lbs. and I know that doesn't help the situation. Who can I send this thing to and hopefully be satisfied. Should I work with the stock seat or the longhaul.

The trick is to do more big trips and just ride more often ... after the second day on the road you get into 'the zone' and the sore arse .. neck .. whatevers just goes away...true ;)

Absolutely true. Also try to avoid flat boring motorways; twisty and winding roads force you to shift your weight around constantly so you can go all day if need be. Plus I have to say, riding with a bunch of Rockets is such a fantastic experience that it takes your mind off all else, so if you can hook up with a few others, do it. The more the merrier. :D

Never a truer word spoken ... half a dozen Rocket riding mates , good country roads , hardly any cars , no coppers. Your worries (and sore arse) just drift away :D

The straighter the road the more pain & boredom sets in, pick you way with more corners, sweeping bends, and hills the easier it becomes. Don't be afraid to practise every chance you get, and the easier it bocomes.

The straighter the road the more pain & boredom sets in, pick you way with more corners, sweeping bends, and hills the easier it becomes. Don't be afraid to practise every chance you get, and the easier it bocomes.

Says he who's riding down the dead-straight Pacific Highway on a Rocket with a Corbin seat .. at 8am tomorrow morning :D

Not sure where you are nor which model you ride so a recommendation comes with some caveats.

I go 325 lbs on a '06 Standard.

Stock seat too soft. Sitting on the snorkel.

Dual Tour seat too soft. Sitting on the snorkel.

Send Dual Tour off to Russ Meyer for custom foam. Too soft. Sitting on the battery as snorkel has been removed by now. Did 2 Iron Butt runs on it but about killed me.

This year finally gave in and bought a Corbin Dual Tour. Hard as hell but supports me well. Can ride all day with no numb butt issues.

Russell Day long Rider seat.
Expensive as all get out,
but those who have them, swear by them.
they ask for weight, inseam length, and your old seat pan.
then build you one seat to fit YOU.

Back