Stiffest Front Springs?

Part no. 11-1529 direct from Progressive web site. Could tell the difference right out over the stock springs. Very nice.

Any decent suspension place will have a selection - and can match it to YOUR weight. BUT it is not just the springs that are soft in R3 front ends. The Hydraulics are weak too. I know @Joesmoe had the front end on his "T" done using an emulator (sadly not much use on USD forks).

I am using 1kg/mm linear rate springs with 30mm preload and a 120mm airgap. And better hydraulics.

Progressives for me too with grade 7 oil on my 16 roadster...stiffened her up more than stock....tried wilbers on the rear then settled on Ohlins...rides way better than stock now.

Going up in oil weight, shrink the air gap down 10-15% and putting in Wilber’s springs made the stock cartridges work great!

You’ll want something around 1.0kg springs if your anywhere near 200lb, higher if you ride fast, like 1.1-1.2.

You can always step up to a full cartridge replacement or call Racetech and go with their suggested rate.

Back