azbbqer

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3T
Just talked to my stealer about 10k service. They have me a price of $924 US! Ouch! That's more than I bring home in a week, ...and I'm an engineer!
I think I'll do the oil change myself.
I didn't get an operator's manual from the previous owner. Can someone tell me what filter, oil, and how many quarts?
Thanks!

Just talked to my stealer about 10k service. They have me a price of $924 US! Ouch! That's more than I bring home in a week, ...and I'm an engineer!
I think I'll do the oil change myself.
I didn't get an operator's manual from the previous owner. Can someone tell me what filter, oil, and how many quarts?
Thanks!
Just go to napa and they will hook you up. I use mobile 1 10w/40 6 quarts. And i use a napa or wix filter.

idk has a link to the service manual in his signature.

The oil change is dead easy, definitely don't pay a dealer to do that. I used the K&N KN-204 oil filter ($13.50 from Amazon) and Mobile1 4T 10w40 synthetic (9.97 qt from Walmart). Took a little over 5 quarts. Apparently there were some issues with the K&N filters, you might want to use the OEM if the dealer has a decent price.

Use hi flo filters they are what k&n oil filters used to be before they moved production to china. You can find it on Amazon easy enough just look for rocket 3. You can even get it in chrome. As for oil its 10w40. Oil and filter change requires 1.42 gallons.

I use silkolene personally but any jaso approved motorcycle oil should work.

The tricky thing is making sure to drain from the drain plug as well as both sump plugs.

I would question the dealer what is included in the service. At that price, I would suspect they have old data, and are including a valve check, which involves removing the valve cover and a bunch of stuff under the tank.

Per a number of posts here, Triumph extended the first valve check to 20,000 miles, FWIW.

You can replace the brake pads with EBC HH Sintered front and back, do oil and filter, air filter, diff oil, and new tires yourself for under $450 in the US if you do your own work...

That price is in line with a dealer doing a 10K with a valve adjustment thrown in for grins. I wonder if they missed the memo about valve adjustment being moved to 20K. I would ask and if they plan on doing the valve adjustment I would find someone else to do my service because they sure don't keep up with current service requirements.

bob

Don't forget. Throttle cable adjustments, Clutch cable adjustments, and the infamous steering neck adjustments. All required other than the obvious. My bike has never seen a dealership for maintenance. But than again I live here in Oklahoma where no matter what brand you ride they are all referred to Stealerships.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I do not believe there is a dealership in Oklahoma that Knows how to Check and adjust valves.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::p:p:p:p:p:p

Use hi flo filters they are what k&n oil filters used to be before they moved production to china. You can find it on Amazon easy enough just look for rocket 3. You can even get it in chrome. As for oil its 10w40. Oil and filter change requires 1.42 gallons.

I use silkolene personally but any jaso approved motorcycle oil should work.

The tricky thing is making sure to drain from the drain plug as well as both sump plugs.
I personnaly avoid high flow oil filters after seen a few reviews online. Seams to me the gain in horsepower is all marketing and hype. For what you gain you lose in added filtration. Ill stick with the filter that filters the oil.

Back