Stepper Motor test

Stepper motor

Hey thanks for answering, I have an stalling problem so I removed the serpping motot and started up the beast having the motor in my hand it felt like it wanted to move but did not so I purchased a new one. seams to be working had to restet idle with commander 3 but to cooled to take for a run.

Hoping for some warm weather

I just had mine off and when I turned the key on it pushed right out as far as it would go and would not go back in the reason I think was it was not getting any feed back because the shaft that it moves was not moveing. I pulled mine off cause when I put my bike away a month ago it was idling at about 2000 + rpm so I took that little moter apart and flushed it out with wd 40 and then lubed it with fluid film . when you take the 4 screws out that hold the aluminum part with the shaft comeing out dont pull on it cause you screw it out off the motor anyway when I put it all back on the bike started and went up to 2000 rpm and then came down to about700 or sowent for a little ride and it was ok it slowed down when I let off the throttle witch is aways a good thing :) :) :)

Screwed

Hey sounds good, I replaced mine but am willing to try fixing for a spare.
Did yours have epoxy on the screw heads - and if so how did you remove it
what kind of lube did u use

Thanks Mark

The stuff I used to lube it is called fluid film it does not dry up like wd40 dose . after I had road around for awhile it was Idleing high again so I took a 6 mm wrench and tightened up the nut against the spring till the Idle came down to about 650 rpm have put just over 200 klm on it was at the dealer and the mech ask me how it started in the cold and it dont like to but its ok when its warm . and it did have epoxy over the screws. Used a nail and a small hammer to break it away

Back