Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
NHK ODM 3000 E is the family of Damper I'm playing around with. I finally had a chance to get out and ride since my exhaust came back. I wish I could say... WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

I rode with set at full tight, 4 clicks in, and 0 clicks in (7 total positions, 6 clicks). Full loose to full tight you can feel A difference, but not overly so as to be obtrusive.

At low speed it's no impediment, handles just like before, or 95% as before. I did set out to test it a bit, no speed wobbles occurred in areas I've had them before at full throttle. I charged a wide bridge gap on the freeway I normally slow for and it was the least eventful thing ever?!

So either the dampers doing it's job perfectly and in a way that's not intrusive or the laws of physics have changed lmao.

10/10 recommend, just don't expect any benefit if your bike wasn't getting a little squirly before adding it.

USER=5345]@Claviger[/USER]

My R3R outfit is fitted with a leading link and while it improves steering immensely when the front tire wears it can develop a head shake at about 15 - 20 KPH. I have followed your install and am happy to say it works beautifully. I know a lot of chair riders use VW dampers mounted from the chair to the leading link but I think that it looks a butt ugly addition while your fit looks like it was meant to be there. So thanks for your efforts mate.

Al
damperfitted.jpg

Last edited:
Talking to a pro stock motorcycle racer tonight he was saying steering dampers are basically for taking off wheel lift and handle bars turning, it just keeps it strait at wheel lift as the steering is tight hard to turn, wobble at high speeds something is not right with something, long list, tire head bearings forks etc, but with over 200hp it’s important when that wheel comes off ground to stay strait, he runs a Kawasaki 207hp 114 mph 1/8 mile , oh yeah

Talking to a pro stock motorcycle racer tonight he was saying steering dampers are basically for taking off wheel lift and handle bars turning, it just keeps it strait at wheel lift as the steering is tight hard to turn, wobble at high speeds something is not right with something, long list, tire head bearings forks etc, but with over 200hp it’s important when that wheel comes off ground to stay strait, he runs a Kawasaki 207hp 114 mph 1/8 mile , oh yeah

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 9
Back