Steel mesh clutch and throttle cables

Maelstrom

Supercharged
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic Tourer
I need to replace my clutch cable and was thinking about switching to steel mesh cables. I asked a local Triumph tech about it and he said he looked into that possibility for a custom Rocket about a year ago, but could not find a resource specifically for Rockets. Has anyone made the switch? And if so, how?

That seems like a good idea. I'll have to try that if I run into any issues.

Barnett Clutches do cables for the Rockets. I replaced my clutch and throttle cable with a stainless braid one, though with clutch cables it's mostly cosmetic (still a cable, not a hydraulic line where the steel keeps the line from expanding). Their "high efficiency" clutch cable is no gimmick, though, the nylon and silicone thing they do made my clutch noticeably smoother.

The quality of the cables is great. They make them to measure though and based on my experience their data on stock cable length for the R3 Touring specifically was off. I had to contact them and ask for a whole second set, where I sent measurements to them for proper length - and there was no problem with that at all, they acknowledged that I hadn't gotten what I ordered and sent me a second set without it costing me a dime, I probably cost them money on that order. So would be happy to order there again.

http://www.barnettclutches.com/2002/triumph/0/0/2010-triumph-rocket-iii classic.html

Back