Stebel Nautilus inside view

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
Here is what happened to my Stebel that I had facing forward. I always covered it whilst bathing the ole' girl, but rain did find it's way in. You can see where it rusted the diaphragm where it seals against the air inlet. I remounted my new to me one facing backwards. It seems to just as loud. Maybe cause it's pointing at ME now ? :D

Yup, if you're going to mount the trumpet portion out in the elements, always point it to the rear. Not only water, but all sorts of other nasty stuff can enter if pointed forward. Also, at speed the air rushing into the trumpet kind of defeats the design.

I've had mine under the side cover for several years, still good as new. Being designed for cars, they're not really well suited for the exposure they get on a bike.

Funny, i commented on the forward position and some guys thought i was full of it:D

Plan on mounting the one Ponters gifted me under the bearclaw .. looks like it will fit where radaitor overflow bottle used to live. Hopefully it'll be protected enough squirreled away there.

**** good idea TC, Canberra!
You OZ blokes know $hit!
Probably you stay ahead of us 'Mericans cause you get to see the sun come up first.
:D
Guess I had better get to shopping for an overflow tank.

Mine's been in behind the headlights, pointing forward, with a bit of flyscreen mesh to keep the bugs out, for six years, still working.

Having said that, of course.........................

**** good idea TC, Canberra!
You OZ blokes know $hit!
Probably you stay ahead of us 'Mericans cause you get to see the sun come up first.:D
Guess I had better get to shopping for an overflow tank.

i'm still using the stock overflow tank , stashed it where the stock air-filter used to live. Even used the old hoses , just swapped them around. Canberra -style ;)

Back