Stebel Nautilus Horn

Blackthou

Nitrous
Ride
2014 Black 'n' Red R3R. RamAir, Tors, DP Link pipe
Hi,
Having read many posts about the virtues of a Stebel horn, I managed to get one. In the UK think rocking horse poo as there were no in stockists. The German suppliers (European agents) didn't have any either.
This afternoon, being wet, I decided to install it after having read the threads and posts. Despite my efforts I couldn't get it where the exuixting unit was or in either side panel. In the end I gave up.
My bike is a 2014 Roadster. Is it doable ?

I separated (you have to find a suitable bit of hard plastic tubing or sikaflex the flexible plastic tube in to the hole in the horn) the compressor and the horn section.
the compressor sits under the left side cover and with a wiggle and a waggle the horn will sit in behind the chrome horn cover with a zip-tie holding it against the little frame, but face the horn opening back to the rear so it does not fill with water if riding in heavy rain or the only noise it will make is a "Gurgle" and a "Squark" till it dries out

I also separated the horn from the compressor and installed the horn in the front where the stock horn used to be. The compressor sits under the left side panel and I used a simple strap to the frame.

Thanks for the feedback to all and picture. Are they easy to separate?

Good thread!
I have one sitting in garage waiting for me to install!

Back