Stebel compressor mount

jthree

Turbocharged
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
I know this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find an answer that works for me.
I have removed the compressor from the horn and will mount the horn in the stock position but I'm having a real hard time finding somewhere to mount the compressor. I have tried under the left side cover but have next to no room there. I have a key-less ignition system, the buttons for which are mounted on the side cover and the controller is in there too.. The only place that looks like it may work is strapped to the frame tube towards the rear of the left side cover. This would have the compressor mounted on, more or less, a 45° angle, is this OK? The instructions say to mount it upright (not sure why).
Is there anywhere else I can mount this thing? The "Road-Runner" horn has to go!

Cheers

Jthree

You can mount the whole thing in the original horn space if you extend the cover out 25-30 mm. You can bend the stock horn bracket to suit and tilt the horn back a little.

Don't have the bike at work today so having a hard time picturing moving the horn cover out that far... How's it look?

Jthree

Back